Angsana is a hotel brand that caters to the modern traveller seeking style and authenticity. Comprising contemporary and chic retreats, Angsana properties are designed to create and deliver vibrant enlivening experience for guests at work and at play. Each Angsana hotel, resort, spa and retail gallery exudes the spirit and conscience of its environment, while offering a strong sense of individuality infused with our Asian heritage. Facilities and services at all Angsana properties are focused on enabling guests to draw the most of every moment.
Managed by the Banyan Tree Group, Angsana Hotels and Resorts operates close to 10 resorts and hotels, over 40 spas, and 40 retail galleries.
Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts offer an intimate retreat experience featuring its signature blend of romance, rejuvenation and exotic sensuality. The first Banyan Tree opened in 1994, transforming an ecological wasteland into an environmentally sensitive resort – our flagship Banyan Tree Phuket, a part of the Laguna Phuket development.
Our philosophy is based on providing a place for rejuvenation of the body, mind and soul - a Sanctuary for the Senses. Placing special emphasis on providing guests with a sense of place, each Banyan Tree property is designed to fit into its natural surroundings, using indigenous materials as far as possible and reflecting the landscape and architecture of the destination.
The brand takes its name from the tropical banyan tree, known for its strong and graceful image. For centuries, the banyan tree has been a symbol of sanctuary under which one finds peace of mind and internal harmony - the same elements upon which Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts has flourished. Furthermore, the tree shares the same Asian roots as the Banyan Tree group, which is steeped in Asian traditions and environmental consciousness.
Pioneering the tropical garden spa concept with Asian health and beauty remedies passed down from generations, Banyan Tree Spa was created as the signature experience in all Banyan Tree resorts, to complement the “Sanctuary for the Senses” wellness concept. With the emphasis on high service standards and consistency, therapists are professionally trained at Banyan Tree Spa Academies in Phuket, Thailand, and Lijiang, China. An award-winning international spa brand, Banyan Tree Spa introduced innovative spa concepts such as the Rainmist experience, The Rainforest hydrothermal concept and Master Therapist Experience.
The Banyan Tree Gallery supports local communities by exhibiting and retailing indigenous handicrafts, which are also found in the resorts. A quintessential highlight of the Banyan Tree experience, Banyan Tree Gallery aspires to recreate the unique Banyan Tree experience with its extensive selection of Asian-style furnishings, Banyan Tree Spa collection, eco-friendly products, indigenous village handicrafts, ethnic apparel and accessories, and objects d’art.
To date, the Banyan Tree Group manages and/or has ownership interests in close to 30 resorts and hotels, over 60 spas, and 80 retail galleries; as well as three golf courses.
The Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts Group
Banyan Tree’s vertically integrated business model comprises:
- Hotel investment– Banyan Tree owns and manages luxury hotels under its brands, as well as hotels that are managed by other world-class operators.
- Hotel management– Banyan Tree additionally manages properties under the Banyan Tree and Angsana brands for other owners.
- Canopy Marketing Group Pte Ltd- A company wholly owned by Banyan Tree Services, Canopy Marketing Group Pte Ltd provides high-level strategic insights on various global niche markets to drive top line performance of our diverse range of lifestyle products including hotels, resorts, spas, gallery, destination club and residential ownership. It has a full-suite of marketing capabilities specializing in the branding, marketing and promotion.
- Spa operations– Banyan Tree Spa pioneered the tropical garden spa concept, and has since grown to over 60 outlets worldwide.
- Gallery operations– The retail arm is consolidated under Banyan Tree Gallery, which comprises five brand segments located in over 70 stores worldwide.
- Hotel residences – Hotel inventory are primarily sold under the brand name Banyan Tree Residences.
- Property sales – Properties that are not part of hotel operations are sold by our subsidiary company, Laguna Resorts and Hotels, and its subsidiaries, in Laguna Phuket.
- Design and other services – Revenue from design services is earned by Architrave, Banyan Tree’s in-house architectural arm. Other service fees include income from operating golf clubs.
- Real Estate Hospitality Funds – Banyan Tree Capital was set upto tap private equity and other sources of investments in order to provide a cost efficient structure to fund the Group’s future developments.